29. Juli 2010

Recipe 18/52: Heavenly Fruit Salad

This recipe is not one I made this week, since I am just off to Hamburg for another wedding and have been busy with preparations for that the entire week. So I think it is ok to tell you about something heavenly that I made once back in 1995, when I lived in the Sunshine State and enjoyed being the pain in the ass sister exchange-student-sister of Todd. He just got engaged, too, so by September, when Herr von Clausewitz has been married for 6 weeks, Klitzi has been married for 2 days and my exchange-student-sister Shawn from back then has been married for what seems like forever, me and my other exchange-student-brother Tommy will be the ones left without the ring on my finger. At least we will be the ones who can cook.

So go:

For the dressing, you need:
1/4 cup orange juice
1/4 cup honey
1/2 tsp cinnamon

And then you need:
1 Jicama, sliced
3 oranges, peeled and cut into squares
3 kiwi, peeled and cut into squares
1/4 cup pomegranate pits or dried cranberries

Cut the jicama into stars, mix with the rest of the fruit and add the dressing. To serve, sprinkle with pomegranate or cranberries.

This salad is great if you have to bring along something to a dinner party. It looks better than the normal fruit salad and is super easy to make. No go have an Aperol Spritz.

Guten Appetit!

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen