24. August 2010

Found my calling

So I thought it would be a good idea to finish the sleeping bag I made for my phone the other day. Remember? The first ever little thing I sewed, after having perfected the art of sewing curtains? This one:


Until today, there was only the flip to close the pouch so I intended to sew velcro fastener onto the bag for easy closing and keeping the phone in the pouch no matter what sort of  Tomb Raider activity I would find myself face to face with.

But then, a sort of giant leap in time disrupted my daily grind and all of a sudden I could not find the velcro anymore. I looked and looked and could not find it. Sadly I sat down to cry. But then, behold, my eyes fell upon a pinkish bag I had never seen before:


What could that be and where could it have come from? Carefully, I opened the zipper and look what I found inside. The nicest flowry inside I could image for the nice magenta outside.


I looked a little deeper and there, my eyes wide in astonishment, I found the velcro.


Thank you, nice bag made by myself with zipper and straight seams, for keeping my velcro save.


Now all I need to do is work on the inside: the inside is a little more spacy than the outside, so it is a bit bulky inside. Plus, I sewed a bit too close to the zipper, so it tends to "eat" the inside fabric.

Kommentare:

  1. Ich knie vor der Königin der Nähmaschine! Den ganzen Tag.*grins*
    Hamburgblondine

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. Ich gratuliere dir ganz herzlich zu diesem hübschen Täschchen und natürlich dem Handy Sleeping Bag!
    Ein gelungener Start in die Täschchen und Hüllen-Welt :-)

    Liebe Grüsse

    AntwortenLöschen