31. August 2010

Week 21/52: Quick Pasta with Chorizo

I was in need: no time but a fridge full of food to be used before we go on vacation. So I had to come up with a quick version of something new.

The geek and I regularly eat Spaghetti Bolognese. And with regularly, I mean every week. However, we use the Miracoli-version by Aldi and add a little more. So to get rid of a whole chorizo before it grows hair and legs, I cut it up into slices and seared it with onions and garlic. When it looked about done - onions glassy, chorizos not yet black - I added the Miracoli tomatoe sauce mix and cut up some fresh tomatoes and mushrooms to actually add something healthy. Then I let it simmer for 10 minutes or so to let the chorizo taste win over the sauce. Herbs did the rest and together with funny looking pasta, it turned out to be quite delicious. Note to self: write love letter to Miracoli.

There is no picture, but just picture ready-made pasta sauce and add a bit of this and that: there you are.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen