13. Oktober 2010

Week 28/52: Spaghetti Bolognese

Those who know the geek and me will say: Cati, you make Spaghetti Bolo once a week. This is not trying a NEW recipe but lying to your readers.

Dear those who know the geek and me: No, we make fake Spaghetti Bolo once a week. This time, I tried the real one that cooks for a looooong time. And does not need Miracoli.

You need:
50 g butter
180 g bacon, chopped
1 onion, chopped
1 carrot, sliced
1 celery stick, sliced
500 g ground beef
150 chicken liver, finely chopped (I overread that part and lived without it)
500 ml beef broth
250 g puréed tomatoes
120 ml red wine
some nutmeg
500 g pasta


What to do:
Chop a lot of the above.


Brown all the bacon in half of the butter. All recipes should start like that.


Then add onion, carrot and celery and simmer for about 8 minutes.


Increase the heat and add the rest of the butter. Once it has melted, add the meat and brown. If you are a big fan of liver, now would be the time to add it.


Once the liver - which you cannot see - has changed its color - or once the meat is done, add chicken broth, tomatoes and wine and season with nutmeg, salt and pepper. If you suffer from a severe cold that almost deprived you of your will to live, don't drink the rest of that bottle. Just cook.


Reboil, cover and let it simmer for 2-5 hours. That somewhat imprecise time is perfect for when you have people over for dinner. You can prepare everything and then have it cook until the guests are there, without having to hide in the kitchen or open the door in your cooking apron. If too much of the fluid evaporates, add some broth. I left the pan covered and nothing went away, so I don't know how much is supposed to evaporate or not. Just try. The longer the sauce cooks, the more intensive the aroma.

Then cook the pasta and enjoy a really good Spaghetti Bolognese. We loved it, but we still love the Miracoli version of it.


This recipes is supposed to feed 4, but me, myself and I only had the geek for company and most of it was gone. I take that as a proof for my cooking skills.

Guten Appetit.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen