17. Dezember 2010

Week 36/52: Burgers, by Cati and Jamie

It is not that we have not been cooking for a while, it is just that Christmas is fast approaching and with it the end of the year and with it the climax of all idiocy and workload and banging my head at the wall.

Last week we soothed ourselves - well, I soothed. The geek is enjoying a lot of free time right now - with burgers. We tried Jamie Oliver's recipe from his America cookbook. And I have to say: they are great. Seriously, I have tried many variations of how to make a good burger, but these hamburger patties have that little something...

You need:

1 red onion, chopped
1 Tsp breadcrumbs
500 g lean ground beef
1 tsp sea salt
1 egg
1 handfull of grated parmesan cheese

and all the rest you want on your burger: salad, tomatoe, bacon, ketchup, pickle, cheese...

How to make that really good burger:

In olive oil, fry the onion and set aside.

In a bowl, mix everything and the onions. Form patties in the desired size. Make them a bigger than your hamburger buns, they usually shrink quite a bit. Jamie suggests placing the patties on a baking sheet greased with olive oil for an hour. I omitted that part as we were very hungry. Didn't feel wrong.

Fry the patties in olive oil for about 3 - 4 minutes per side.


When you flip them, place bacon slices in the pan. That way you know they are done just in time. I learned that from Jamie and my life feels so much esier now.


Pile.


Pile some more.


Enjoy. Smile.

I had imagined that the cheese would be a bit too much. At least it seemed so while I mixed everything. But it lends the meat a subtle surprise and is not at all superfluous.


Thank you, Jamie. Guten Appetit.

Kommentare: